- Movies are screened at the James Bridges Theater, Melnitz Hall 1409 on the UCLA campus.
- All screenings and appearances are subject to change on short notice, so please check our listings before showtime.
- All movies are FREE to UCLA students, staff, faculty and members of the general public, unless otherwise noted.
- Melnitz Movies is funded through the UCLA Graduate Students Association and the ASUCLA Student Interaction Fund.
- Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis (one ticket per person) at the Melnitz box office one hour before showtime.
December 5, 2013 - 7:30pm
Academy Award winner Asghar Farhadi (A Separation) continues his career-defining exploration of family dynamics, morality and class conflict. After four years of separation, Ahmad returns to Paris from Tehran to finalize his divorce with his wife Marie. Almost immediately, Ahmad becomes entangled in a new crisis when he discovers his ex- is about to re-marry and her daughter deeply objects. Marie’s new fiancé is the quiet and handsome Samir, an owner of a dry-cleaners and still married to a woman in a coma. Truths are questioned and misunderstandings unfold as Ahmad examines and attempts to stabilize the domestic hostility. Featuring authentic performances from Ali Mosaffa, Bérénice Bejo and Tahar Rahim, THE PAST’s intricate characters, emotionally complex narrative and unexpected revelations confirm Asghar Farhadi’s mastery of filmmaking and storytelling. —Dilcia Barrera 130 MIN / USA / COLOR / FRENCH WITH ENGLISH SUBTITLES / 2013