- Movies are screened at the James Bridges Theater, Melnitz Hall 1409 on the UCLA campus.
- All screenings and appearances are subject to change on short notice, so please check our listings before showtime.
- All movies are FREE to UCLA students, staff, faculty and members of the general public, unless otherwise noted.
- Melnitz Movies is funded through the UCLA Graduate Students Association and the ASUCLA Student Interaction Fund.
- Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis (one ticket per person) at the Melnitz box office one hour before showtime.
December 1, 2014 - 7:30pm
RSVP Now: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sneak-preview-black-sea-2014-followed-by-qa-w-director-kevin-macdonald-tickets-14641724793 ““Though a contemporary story, it plays out like an old fashioned dramatic thriller, and … sustains itself thanks to atmosphere and performances rather than special effects and grandstanding sequences.” Mark Adams, Screen International” - John DeFore, Hollywood Reporter Please join us on Monday, December 1st 7:30pm at James Bridges Theater for the Sneak Peak of BLACK SEA. Kevin Macdonald, director of LAST KING OF SCOTLAND brings us BLACK SEA, starring Jude Law, a film about a band of laid off Scottish submariners who team up with a motley crew of Russian sailors to find a sunken U Boat filled with gold bullion at the bottom of the Black Sea. An old, rusted submarine is taken out of a shipyard for their use. A dry eared American sycophant is appointed by the secret financier to watch over them, just adding to their troubles. As cross cultural tensions flair between Scots and Russians, their deep-water mission teeters in a flimsy balance.--NB Directed by: Kevin MacDonald Cast: Jude Law,Scoot McNairy,Michael Smiley,Ben Mendelsohn, David Threlfall and...