The thirteen Councils of the Association are made up of the representatives of the various departmental graduate student associations in their respective domains. Each Council elects its officers annually, but different Councils have different election schedules. Each Council supervises funding drawn from the "Councils" portion of the GSA membership fee and amounts are assessed on the basis of graduate student enrollment in the departments of its particular domain. Councils have voting representation on GSA Forum. As of Fall 2003, the Councils and their domains are as listed below.
Click on a Council's name to access its Council Resource Page, which includes links to the Council's official website, constitution, and meeting minutes. You will also find information on the Council's budget, departmental enrollments, registration paperwork, and reimbursement procedures.
- Arts and Architecture (Architecture, Arts, Art History, Design/Media Arts, Ethnomusicology, Film, Television and Digital Media, Folklore and Mythology, Moving Image Archive Studies, Music, Musicology, Theater, Urban Planning, World Arts and Cultures)
- Biological Sciences (Biological Chemistry, Biomathematics, Biomedical Physics, Cellular and Molecular Pathology, Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Human Genetics (Mammalian Genetics), Microbiology Immunology and Molecular Genetics, Molecular Biology Institute, Molecular Cell and Developmental Biology, Molecular and Cellular Integrative Physiology, Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, Neurobiology, Neuroscience, and Psychology)
- Dentistry (Dentistry, Oral Biology)
- Education (Education, Leadership Cohort)
- Engineering (Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Mechanical, Aerospace and Nuclear Engineering)
- Humanities (Applied Linguistics and TESL, Classics, Comparative Literature, Asian Languages and Cultures, English, French and Francophone Studies, Germanic Languages, Indo-European Studies, Italian, Linguistics, Near Eastern Languages and Cultures, Philosophy, Romance Language and Literature, Scandinavian Languages, Slavic Languages, Spanish and Portuguese)
- Law (Law School)
- Management (Management, Professional MBA)
- Math and Physical Sciences (Astronomy, Atmospheric Sciences, Chemistry, Earth and Space Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics)
- Medicine (Medicine, Medicine-Drew)
- Nursing (Nursing, Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Program, Family Nurse Practitioner Program, Geriatric Nurse Practitioner Program, Nursing Administration Program, Occupational & Environmental Health Nurse Practitioner Program, Oncology Nurse Practitioner Program, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Program)
- Public Health (Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Environmental Health Sciences, Environmental Science, Health Services, Molecular Toxicology, Public Health)
- Social Sciences (African Studies, Afro-American Studies, American Indian Studies, Anthropology, Archaeology, Asian American Studies, East Asian Studies, Economics, Geography, History, Islamic Studies, Information Studies, Latin American Studies, Policy Studies, Political Science, Social Welfare, Sociology, Women's Studies)